Publications from 2010-2015
130. Potent inhibition of miR-27a by neomycin–bisbenzimidazole conjugates. Smita Nahar, Nihar Ranjan, Arjun Ray, Dev P. Arya and Souvik Maiti. Chem. Sci., 2015,6, 5837-5846.
129. Cyclic Cationic Peptides Containing Sugar Amino Acids Selectively Distinguishes and Inhibits Maturation of Pre-miRNAs of the Same Family. Nahar S, Bose D, Pal S, Chakraborty TK, Maiti S. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2015 Dec;25(6):323-9.
128. A pH Sensitive High-Throughput Assay for miRNA Binding of a Peptide-Aminoglycoside (PA) Library. Watkins D, Jiang L, Nahar S, Maiti S, Arya DP. PLoS One. 2015 Dec 11;10(12):e0144251.
127. The RNA Stem-Loop to G-Quadruplex Equilibrium Controls Mature MicroRNA Production inside the Cell. Pandey S, Agarwala P, Jayaraj GG, Gargallo R, Maiti S. Biochemistry. 2015 Dec 8;54(48):7067-78.
126. Cyclic Cationic Peptides Containing Sugar Amino Acids Selectively Distinguishes and Inhibits Maturation of Pre-miRNAs of the Same Family. Nahar S, Bose D, Pal S, Chakraborty TK, Maiti S. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2015 Dec;25(6):323-9.
125. The tale of RNA G-quadruplex. Agarwala P, Pandey S, Maiti S. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 May 13;13(20):5570-85.
124. β,γ-Bis-substituted PNA with configurational and conformational switch: preferred binding to cDNA/RNA and cell-uptake studies. Bose T, Banerjee A, Nahar S, Maiti S, Kumar VA. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 21;51(36):7693-6.
123. Selective inhibition of miR-21 by phage display screened peptide. Bose D, Nahar S, Rai MK, Ray A, Chakraborty K, Maiti S. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Apr 30;43(8):4342-52.
122. Human telomeric RNA G-quadruplex response to point mutation in the G-quartets. Agarwala P, Kumar S, Pandey S, Maiti S. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Apr 2;119(13):4617-27.
121. Interaction between calf thymus DNA and cationic bottle-brush copolymers: equilibrium and stopped-flow kinetic studies. Dey D, Maiti C, Maiti S, Dhara D. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 28;17(4):2366-77.
120. Nonconventional chemical inhibitors of microRNA: therapeutic scope. Jayaraj GG, Nahar S, Maiti S. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 18;51(5):820-31.
119. Role of G-quadruplex located at 5' end of mRNAs. Agarwala P, Pandey S, Maiti S. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014 Dec;1840(12):3503-10.
118. Polyplex Formation between PEGylated Linear Cationic Block Copolymers and DNA: Equilibrium and Kinetic Studies. Dey D, Kumar S, Banerjee R, Maiti S, Dhara D. J Phys Chem B. 2014 Jun 26;118(25):7012-25.
117. In the sense of transcription regulation by g-quadruplexes: asymmetric effects in sense and antisense strands. Agarwal T, Roy S, Kumar S, Chakraborty TK, Maiti S. Biochemistry. 2014 Jun 17;53(23):3711-8.
116. Anti-cancer therapeutic potential of quinazoline based small molecules via global upregulation of miRNAs. Nahar S, Bose D, Kumar Panja S, Saha S, Maiti S. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Apr 4;50(35):4639-42.
115. Understanding the effect of locked nucleic acid and 2'-O-methyl modification on the hybridization thermodynamics of a miRNA-mRNA pair in the presence and absence of AfPiwi protein. Kumar S, Mapa K, Maiti S. Biochemistry. 2014 Mar 18;53(10):1607-15. doi: 10.1021/bi401677d. Epub 2014 Mar 7.
114. Morphological effects of g-quadruplex stabilization using a small molecule in zebrafish. Agarwal T, Lalwani MK, Kumar S, Roy S, Chakraborty TK, Sivasubbu S, Maiti S. Biochemistry. 2014 Feb 25;53(7):1117-24. doi: 10.1021/bi4009352. Epub 2014 Feb 11.
113. The effect of N-acetylation and N-methylation of lysine residue of Tat peptide on its interaction with HIV-1 TAR RNA. Kumar S, Maiti S. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 17;8(10):e77595. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0077595. eCollection 2013.
112. Probing the amino acids critical for protein oligomerisation and protein-nucleotide interaction in Mycobacterium tuberculosis PII protein through integration of computational and experimental approaches. Jain S, Mandal RS, Anand S, Maiti S, Ramachandran S. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Dec;1834(12):2736-49. doi: 10.1016/j.bbapap.2013.10.006. Epub 2013 Oct 12.
111. G-quadruplexes as tools for synthetic biology. Agarwala P, Pandey S, Maiti S. Chembiochem. 2013 Nov 4;14(16):2077-81.
110. Stopped-flow kinetic studies of poly(amidoamine) dendrimer-calf thymus DNA to form dendriplexes. Dey D, Kumar S, Maiti S, Dhara D. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Nov 7;117(44):13767-74.
109. Zinc regulates the activity of kinase-phosphatase pair (BasPrkC/BasPrpC) in Bacillus anthracis. Arora G, Sajid A, Arulanandh MD, Misra R, Singhal A, Kumar S, Singh LK, Mattoo AR, Raj R, Maiti S, Basu-Modak S, Singh Y. Biometals. 2013 Oct;26(5):715-30.
108. Effect of Loops, G-Quartets on the Stability of RNA G-Quadruplexes Satyaprakash Pandey, Prachi Agarwala, and Souvik Maiti J. Phy. Chem-B Publication Date (Web): May 17, 2013. DOI: 10.1021/jp401739m
107. Effect of different arginine methylations on the thermodynamics of Tat peptide binding to HIV-1 TAR RNA. Kumar S, Maiti S. Biochimie. Publication Date (Web): 2013 Mar 27. doi:pii: S0300-9084(13)00094-1.
106. A Molecular-Beacon-Based Screen for Small Molecule Inhibitors of miRNA Maturation. Bose D, Jayaraj GG, Kumar S, Maiti S. ACS Chem Biol. 2013, 8, 930-8.
105. The G-quadruplex augments translation in the 5' untranslated region of transforming growth factor β2. Agarwala P, Pandey S, Mapa K, Maiti S. Biochemistry. 2013, 52, 1528-38.
104. Unique structural modulation of a non-native substrate by cochaperone DnaJ. Tiwari S, Kumar V, Jayaraj GG, Maiti S, Mapa K. Biochemistry. 2013, 52, 1011-8.
103. Thermodynamics and solvation dynamics of BIV TAR RNA-Tat peptide interaction. Goel T, Kumar S, Maiti S. Mol Biosyst. 2013, 9, 88-98.
102. Improved inhibition of telomerase by short twisted intercalating nucleic acids under molecular crowding conditions. Agarwal T, Pradhan D, Géci I, El-Madani AM, Petersen M, Pedersen EB, Maiti S. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2012, 22, 399-404.
101. Comparative mode of action of novel hybrid peptide CS-1a and its rearranged amphipathic analogue CS-2a. Joshi S, Bisht GS, Rawat DS, Maiti S, Pasha S. FEBS J. 2012, 279, 3776-90.
100. Information encoded in non-native states drives substrate-chaperone pairing. Mapa K, Tiwari S, Kumar V, Jayaraj GG, Maiti S. Structure. 2012, 20, 1562-73.
99. Unveiling the novel dual specificity protein kinases in Bacillus anthracis: identification of the first prokaryotic dual specificity tyrosine phosphorylation-regulated kinase (DYRK)-like kinase. Arora G, Sajid A, Arulanandh MD, Singhal A, Mattoo AR, Pomerantsev AP, Leppla SH, Maiti S, Singh Y. J Biol Chem. 2012 Aug 3;287(32):26749-63.
98. Kinetic studies of amino acid-based surfactant binding to DNA. Santhiya D, Dias RS, Dutta S, Das PK, Miguel MG, Lindman B, Maiti S. J Phys Chem B. 2012 May 24;116(20):5831-7.
97. Potential G-quadruplexes in the human long non-coding transcriptome. Jayaraj G G, Pandey S, Scaria V, Maiti S. RNA Biol. 2012, 9, 81-86.
96. RNA G-quadruplexes: G-quadruplexes with “U” turns. Agarwal T, Jayaraj G G, Pandey S, Agarwala P, Maiti S. Current Pharmaceutical 2012; 18; 2102-11.
95. Antagonism of microRNA function in zebrafish embryos using Locked Nucleic Acid Enzymes (LNAzymes). Suryawanshi H, Lalwani M K, Ramasamy S, Rana R, Scaria V, Sivasubbu S, Maiti S. ChemBioChem. 2012; 13; 584-9.
94. The Tuberculosis Drug Streptomycin as a Potential Cancer Therapeutic: Inhibition of miR-21 Function by Directly Targeting Its Precursor. Bose D, Jayaraj G G, Suryawanshi H, Pore S K, Banerjee R, Maiti S. Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, 2012 ; 51; 1019–1023.
93. Synthesis and application of functional nucleic acids. Miyoshi D, Simmel FC, Maiti S, Marky LA. J Nucleic Acids. 2011; 2011:547245.
92. Specificity of RSG-1.2 peptide binding to RRE-IIB RNA element of HIV-1 over Rev peptide is mainly enthalpic in origin. Kumar S, Bose D, Suryawanshi H, Sabharwal H, Mapa K, Maiti S. PLoS One. 2011; 6(8): e23300.
91. Effect of locked nucleic acid modifications on the thermal stability of noncanonical DNA structure. Bhattacharyya J, Maiti S, Muhuri S, Nakano S, Miyoshi D, Sugimoto N. Biochemistry. 2011, 50, 7414-25.
90. Melting behavior and ligand binding of DNA intramolecular secondary structures. Maiti S, Kankia B, Khutsishvili I, Marky LA. Biophys Chem. 2011, 159, 162-71.
89. Unlocking G-quadruplex: Effect of unlocked nucleic acid on G-quadruplex stability. Agarwal T, Kumar S, Maiti S. Biochimie. 2011, 93, 1694-700.
88. Nucleosomal occupancy and CGG repeat expansion: a comparative analysis of triplet repeat region from mouse and human fragile X mental retardation gene 1. Datta S, Alam MP, Majumdar SS, Mehta AK, Maiti S, Wadhwa N, Brahmachari V. Chromosome Res. 2011, 19, 445-55. 87.
87. Nanotoxicity of gold and iron nanoparticles. Maiti S. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2011, 1, 65.
86. Magnetite (Fe3O4) nanocrystals affect the expression of genes involved in the TGF-beta signalling pathway. Khan JA, Mandal TK, Das TK, Singh Y, Pillai B, Maiti S. Mol Biosyst 2011, 7, 1481-6.
85. Single Nucleotide Polymorphism in Transcobalamin II (I5V) Induces Structural Changes in the Protein as revealed by Molecular Modeling Studies. Silla Y, Chandamouli B, Maiti S, Sengupta S. Biochemistry 2011, 50, 1396-402.